Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ    
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to AusBass Forums
 General Bass Fishing
 Upper Macleay Bass report
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

dave@basslodge
Ausbass Member

Australia
40 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2010 :  15:02:12  Show Profile  Visit dave@basslodge's Homepage Send dave@basslodge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all,
Last year i was asked to post some reports on how the fishing is on the Upper macleay river.
A couple of guys from Fishing World magazine went up to fish with Dave Young (fishing guide) and put a blog on their web site. Its worth checking out as it shows the river is already firing and its time to dust the rods off.
The article also shows that options always exist even when the river is flowing and brown.
Hope you enjoy.
Dave
http://www.fishingworldmag.com.au/news/blog-a-visit-to-the-bass-lodge

Natives Forever
Ausbass Member

53 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2010 :  07:13:16  Show Profile Send Natives Forever a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the link Dave,

We enjoyed the deck way to much at Easter , next time we have to use Dave and hit up the Bass a bit better.

Cheers

Phil
Go to Top of Page

fat chubby
Ausbass Member

565 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2010 :  07:17:23  Show Profile Send fat chubby a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice one Dave,

Im trying to organise a group for early next year if the wifes will allow it :).

its funny, its been nearly 2 years since we went up and the boys still talk about it all glassey eyed like it was yesterday.

Gotta love the Lodge!

Pat
Go to Top of Page

dan flack
Ausbass Member

128 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2010 :  16:32:34  Show Profile Send dan flack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Dave,

Hoping to come out your way late october/ early november.

Just wanted to find out if there is still camping permitted across the road from the lodge and if so what are the fees?

cheers Dan
Go to Top of Page

Natives Forever
Ausbass Member

53 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2010 :  16:49:53  Show Profile Send Natives Forever a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Free camping still available at the Junction just watch out for the cows!
Go to Top of Page

dave@basslodge
Ausbass Member

40 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2010 :  19:57:19  Show Profile  Visit dave@basslodge's Homepage Send dave@basslodge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yep, watch ou for the baldy one. Canoes available from the Lodge if required then give us a call at 0450557929
Go to Top of Page

Still Spinning
Ausbass Member

83 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2010 :  10:12:32  Show Profile Send Still Spinning a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Dave,only new on here.Been fishing the Macleay for about 20 years now,good to finally see sumwhere where you can get sum info. and help others out.Just wanted to ask of question about the key to get to West Kunderang ( Rasberry trial).Have you got a key to the gate at the lodge?And if u do,can we organise a way to get our car back from there to the lodge?I have put in at georges junction and paddled up/back to West Kunderang 2x,it wood be so much easier just coming down.Havent done it for about 5 years now so chaffing at the bit to hit it again.I fish all the way up to Goerges,Ill try and put a pic of my canoe and car on here ,if you see it pull up for a chat.Best place to look for it is at the Bellbrook pub(its tradition).Any help wood be gratly appreciated Dave
Go to Top of Page

Still Spinning
Ausbass Member

83 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2010 :  10:19:02  Show Profile Send Still Spinning a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hope this works..You wooda probly seen it sumwhere up there Dave

Insert Image:

695.83 KB
Go to Top of Page

dave@basslodge
Ausbass Member

40 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2010 :  18:33:25  Show Profile  Visit dave@basslodge's Homepage Send dave@basslodge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I've seen your wheels going through Flying Fox area. It wasnt that clean when i did though (ha ha).
I am always happy to help out so let me know any questions. We can drop you/anyone into Halls peak as we have a key and a vehicle suitable for the 22degree incline (I think its 22 degrees anyway-pretty steep george county). Actually we have no key to West Kunderang but we can possibly arrange it as required. We established Bass lodge Adventures to facilitate drop-offs and pick-ups + tours in the area. It is fully licences with maritime and other agencies. Dave Young coordinates all activities from the lodge. As you know bass fishing is best done floating down stream and having someone to meet you at a designated point or getting a lift upstream for a float back to a designnated point is much preferred. Look out for a blue ford or the Bass lodge Troopie up there in your travels. dave is often at the bellbrook Pub, I agree a mandatory stop-over together with an traditional Aussie burger and chips at the Bellbrook store.
Go to Top of Page

dave@basslodge
Ausbass Member

40 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2010 :  18:56:40  Show Profile  Visit dave@basslodge's Homepage Send dave@basslodge a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Insert Image:

85.1 KB
Go to Top of Page

Albert Wild
Ausbass Member

28 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2010 :  19:00:02  Show Profile Send Albert Wild a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What a great spot, if you have not been up there for a fish, you got to do it. We had a great couple of days, the two Dave's looked after us well and we caught some stunning fish in pristine surrounds. I've already booked another weekend in December, cant wait.

Captain
Go to Top of Page

dave@basslodge
Ausbass Member

40 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2010 :  19:08:34  Show Profile  Visit dave@basslodge's Homepage Send dave@basslodge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, i am feeling chatty. Here's some night bass we caught last year. We caught 30 fish in less than 2 hrs with Dave rae. This shot shows a tripple hook up.

Insert Image:

45.67 KB
Go to Top of Page

dave@basslodge
Ausbass Member

40 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2010 :  19:11:22  Show Profile  Visit dave@basslodge's Homepage Send dave@basslodge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ooopps I got the wrong photo. Here is the tripple.

Insert Image:

45.19 KB
Go to Top of Page

Still Spinning
Ausbass Member

83 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2010 :  21:37:53  Show Profile Send Still Spinning a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thats sounds too easy m8,it sure is a long way up there by canoe and back(but enjoyed every second of it),I wrote your number down from post above so Ill ring and organise it when it warms up a bit.Love the scanoe ,the only canoe to buyso easy to fish outa,and i give mine a hiding in the rapids and still goin strong.I didnt get as far up as you are last year had sum gr8 sessions lower in the system,but know the monsters up your way are worth the extra hour drive.Dunno what it is about the Bellbrook pub but my car mysteriously slows down when I approach it,so I go with it and stop for a beer ,so theres a good chance Ill see you there before anywhere else Thnx for help makes it so much easier to organize a trip into the yowie country lol
Go to Top of Page

dave@basslodge
Ausbass Member

40 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2010 :  14:14:32  Show Profile  Visit dave@basslodge's Homepage Send dave@basslodge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yowie country.....good de*****ion. I guess you get what you pay for. My theory is as follows: Good roads, close to cities = more pressure + crappy fishing. Dirt,remote & bendy roads = better fish and more hook ups (including tripples).
Go to Top of Page

Still Spinning
Ausbass Member

83 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2010 :  15:24:48  Show Profile Send Still Spinning a Private Message  Reply with Quote
g'day m8,yes we call it yowie country because of its seclusion,I love how you can spend a week on the river and not see a another person,and as for the roads ,the roads up there are better than the Pacific hwy I travel on before I turn off.I looked through my pics and found this piccy of canoe I came across last season,just wondering if you knew the story behind it.Glad I own a scanoe

Insert Image:

903.42 KB
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AusBass Forums © 2000-2014 AusBass.com.au Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000